I’ve been having so much fun playing and exploring my PSP that’s why I always bring it with me wherever I go and I couldn’t imagine a day without it because for me, it always saves the day whenever I’m bored in the office and when the bosses are not around(LOL). Aside from gaming, video and music, I was able to install some apps which provided me with more features.
But since I’m a bit newbie with updates, I never tried to modify or install a new firmware(note: I’m using a custom firmware for my PSP that’s why it’s risky to update compared with official firmware) and I had my first PSP pre-installed with custom firmware. But out of curiosity, I installed the latest version 3.90 M33-2 from dark-alex’s website and fortunately I successfully installed the firmware.
Before installing, I searched for instructions available from the net. some are simple, and some are complicated so I will post here a simplified direction in updating custom firmware:
Warning: A failed update may result to Crashing your PSP system making it bricked. You are doing this at your own risk and I am not responsible for any loss or damage that may occur during the process.
- PSP with a CFW 3.52 M33-3 or higher(in my case 3.71 M33-4).
- USB cable or a memory stick reader/writer.
- 3.90 M33-2 firmware.
- 3.90 official firmware.
- rename the official firmware filename “EBOOT.PBP” into “390.PBP”
- copy the UPDATE folder from 3.90 M33-2 into PSP/GAME directory of your memory stick
- copy 390.PBP into the PSP/GAME/UPDATE” folder along with 3.90 M33 in your memory stick.
- run the update from your PSP.
- press L + triangle until you see “Veryfing 390.PBP”.
- follow the instructions displayed by the installer.